Tuesday, April 1, 2008

The April Fools day chaos.

So last night on my way home from Greek Feud (Fraternity/Sorority version of family feud) I stopped and grabbed a sandwich from the bakery around the corner. Really good Roast Beef with crispy onions and horseradish. Take it back to my place crack open a beer and sit back to watch some television. Monday nights are my long night, I have class until 7:30pm, but then I don't have anything on Tuesdays. Okay so I sit down in front of my television take a bite of my sandwich, and out of the corner of my eye I notice something that is out of place. There is a new Wii game case and I'm so excited I drop my sandwich. You need to understand how badly I've been wanting to play Super Smash Bros. and I had almost gone out and bought it myself. Okay so I as I reach for the case I also reach for my phone and before the word Bros is out of my mouth Steve is in a cab on his way over. This game is stellar. I'm not great, but I haven't played in a long time. So Steve and I crack a couple more beers and start playing. Before we realize it we finished what beers I had left and its almost 11pm. So we decide to run to the store to grab some snacks and more beer. We run into Mikey coming in the front door (thank him tremendously for purchasing our latest addiction) and ask him to run us to the liquor store, which he kindly obliged. So we go and grab some more beer and some snacks and head back to the land of Mario, Pikachu, and Snake. Mikey now joins in on the phone and after putting his car up for grabs to the winner of the first game I came off victorious and a proud owner of a new Lexus. Then Steve won the second game and claimed the car. All the time we are continuing to indulge ourselves in some beverages. So we play until about 12:30am before we turn on the late night talk shows. We continue to eat and drink and talk and hang out and then we decide we are still hungry. So what else is there to do at 4:00am than go to South Street Diner. So we scrounge up the cash we can find to get a cab (thanks for the $10 Mom) and head down there where we were the only people in the place. (Which I guess isn't that weird on a Monday night at 4am.) We enjoyed some hot wings, some eggs, some corned beef hash, some uncooked potatoes and Steve had the pancakes or french toast I don't really remember which. We head back to my place where Steve starts to wreck havoc. The restaurant downstairs just yesterday set up the patio fencing. Well after leaning into one Steve realized he could rearrange them pretty easily and quickly made a zig-zag of all of them. Then after I hand him his pillow to crash on the couch he proceeds to kick the bottles on the table creating a domino effect of glass bottles. This was not very quiet at 4:30am. We got up at a relatively normal hour the next morning and Steve was clearly hurting. After a couple of Tylenol and some Dagwood sandwiches we played some more Super Smash Bros and then Greek Week continued.

Tonight's event was Greek Sing where all the chapters put on a 5-7min song and dance routine incorporating everything and everyone in Greek Life. Our guys did an excellent job and came out on top with the NUMBER ONE.

I'm sure there is more going on it's been a crazy week. But I'll write more tomorrow.


1 comment:

Steven said...

It's "wreak havoc" and I had the french toast with extra powdered sugar. I also completely forgot about the wings. The patio fencing incident happened PRIOR to our trip to South Street because on the way home I was slipping into a food coma which caused the kung fu episode I had in the living room before passing out with my North Face and Timbs on. Yeah I was hurting because because we don't regularly drink FOURTEEN BEERS... you also forgot to mention that I was smoking you and Mikey, I'm a natural brawler.