Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Nebraska

Nebraska - Bruce Springsteen
I saw her standin' on her front lawn just twirlin' her baton
Me and her went for a ride sir and ten innocent people died

From the town of Lincoln Nebraska with a sawed off .410 on my lap
Through to the badlands of Wyoming I killed everything in my path

I can't say that I'm sorry for the things that we done
At least for a little while sir me and her we had us some fun

The jury brought in a guilty verdict and the judge he sentenced me to death
Midnight in a prison storeroom with leather straps across my chest

Sheriff when the man pulls that switch sir and snaps my poor head back
You make sure my pretty baby is sittin' right there on my lap

They declared me unfit to live said into that great void my soul'd be hurled
They wanted to know why I did what I did
Well sir I guess there's just a meanness in this world

Guns are bad. That's what it comes down to. Another mass shooting. This time in Omaha Nebraska. At least 5 people have been shot. What is going on in this world? People are falling apart. The world is falling apart. A 61 year shot in the chest, 34 year old shot in the arm, 55 year old injuries unsure. With 20 days until Christmas you would expect there to be some peace on Earth. Some effort to be nice, to go out of your way for other people, to not be selfish for a second, a minute, a day. But no. People think about themselves and not others or the big picture or the idea of the greater good.

Too much going on this week. My head hurts and my heart aches for those who lose loved ones this time of year.

PEACE

UPDATE 5:15PM : NINE DEAD

No comments: