Monday, December 17, 2007

Where I'm At

Well it's a week before Christmas, finals are done, I'm getting ready to start serving at CPK after 3 painful months at takeout (okay it wasn't that bad) and life is pretty good. I'm a second semester senior officially (once I get all my passing grades of course) and it's more surreal than I expected. Last year at this time I was finalizing my plans to go to Australia and was getting ready to work the New Years Eve special for MTV. Today I'm sitting around listening to Bruce Springsteen live in London from 1975. Now it's time to start thinking about what I'm going to do after I graduate. Ideally I'd like to move to NYC or LA for a little while and work in the entertainment industry. If there was a position back at MTV I would go back, and I have made a possible connection at CNN (which could mean a move to Atlanta) but some recent events have made me realize that I'm not in a rush. I'm not all that worried about finding a job to start May 5. For those of you who don't know I graduate Friday May 2nd at Noon. I would not be opposed to working in Boston for a few months and live out my lease in my awesome apartment until September. I also will probably still job search here in Boston for some opportunities. But there are some great friends and connections that I've built and rebuilt after being gone for a year and I don't think I'm ready to leave that all behind just yet.

I'm constantly being urged, guided, pushed into looking at Grad School and Higher Ed stuff, which I think would be a lot of fun and I think I would be good at it, but right now I want to get a job and work for a little while Doesn't mean that in 5 or 10 years after I've made my first television series or produced a major motion picture and won a handful of Oscars that I wouldn't go back to school. Right now everything is possibility.

So for now I'm cruising and enjoying the semester break.
Merry Christmas all, Santa Claus is Comin' To Town

Peace and love

2 comments:

albanymom said...

Santa Claus is coming to town and so are you soon I hope. Miss you.

Mom

blamp said...

my friend lindsey lives down the street from a guy who displays his multiple oscars on his mantle....they're real oscars....i imagine you will be one of those people in manhattan someday or some posh mtv personality.

then i'm totally joining your entourage, whether you like it or not!