Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Gavin...too little too late buddy

Now don't get me wrong I was a huge fan of the first Gavin DeGraw album. I had the opportunity to work with him here at Northeastern right after he "blew up" and had the hit single and the soundtrack on One Tree Hill, and he was a cool down to earth guy with some great tracks. Then he disappeared. He did the touring thing non-stop and people kept saying where's the follow up album? What are you doing? Now nearly five years later he is ready to release the next album. In an interview with Billboard he says the album is moving in a much more 'rock direction'. He also mentions how he spends a ridiculous amount of time writing lyrics...but some of the lyrics on the new album include "I'm a cop/stop, put up your hands and surrender to me." If you spend more than 10 minutes writing that, this album is going tank. Good luck Gavin.

No comments: