Saturday, April 7, 2007

Hair today...gone tomorrow



Well after three weeks of enjoying my constantly growing blonde hair, I pulled a Britney Spears and shaved my head. (No I didnt go crazy, I just got tired of having to wash it and putting gel in it) I also cleaned up the dirt on my face (which most people would be able to pull off as facial hair)

It's Easter morning here. 60 degrees and overcast today. I was hoping to be able to go to the beach today. We'll see what the day brings. I have lots of Cadbury chocolate to eat, the Easter Bunny made a trip around the world just for me :). The girls from Northeastern headed north towards the Great Barrier Reef for the week. We have the week off for Easter Break. It's funny how much of the city was closed down all weekend. Most restaurants and bars were closed and the city was really quiet. I have no big plans for the week. Probably just explore some more parts of Sydney that I have yet to see. The Royal Botanical Gardens and the Aquarium are on the top of my list. I may also try and squeeze in the zoo, but we'll see.

After talking about my travel goals last post, I had the opportunity to meet a woman who had visited all seven continents. My friend Matt's cousin came over last week and Friday night I met them for drinks. We got to talking and Australia was her last continent, she had visited the other 6 all in 2003. It was pretty crazy to hear her stories about all the different places she had been to and lived/worked in a couple of them. Makes me realize just how realistic it is to get to these places...even Antartica.

Well anyways I'm going to get my day started. I hope everyone has a great Easter and I'm sure you'll hear from me a lot this week because I'm around all week long.

Shawn

1 comment:

albanymom said...

Your mother loves you no matter what color or how long your hair is....